Giovanni Battista Venturi discovered the Venturi effect in the late 18th century. The principle states that as the speed of a moving fluid increases, the pressure within the fluid decreases. When wine is poured in the vinturi, its design creates an increase in the wine’s velocity and a decrease in its pressure.
- BETTER BOUQUET – All vinturi customers will inevitably savour the nose of the wine. You’ll appreciate the subtle aromatic differences and the full aroma of the wine. Vinturi allows wine to display its intended aromas earlier than expected.
- ENHANCED FLAVORS – Wine served through a Vinturi is more flavorful and has a more profound affect on the tongue. It tastes like a richer, more expensive wine. It tastes like it was intended to and this process takes as long as it takes to pour the wine.
- SMOOTHER FINISH – Vinturi’s aeration is very effective at softening tannins which results in a much more pleasant finish. Any bitterness or bad aftertaste is reduced or eliminated.
- A PORTABLE WINE DECANTER – The Vinturi has the advantage where it can be taken anywhere.
- NO WAITING – Wine poured through the Vinturi is aerated instantly. No more long waits while wine is decanted.
WINE AERATION EXPLAINED
Wine which has been aerated tastes better – and therefore Wine Aeration has always been an process that wine buffs has spent time on. The Vinturi allows people to aerate wine without the use of decanters and thereby allows customers to enjoy aerated wine all evening – rather than simply the first decanted bottle.
The whole concept of letting wine breathe, or aerate, is simply maximizing your wine’s exposure to the surrounding air. By allowing wine to mix and mingle with air, the wine will typically warm up and the wine’s aromas will open up, the flavor profile will soften and mellow out a bit and the overall flavor characteristics should improve.
In general, people can easily decide if wine needs aeration. The rule of thumb to use is regarding tannins. The more tannins a wine has the it will benefit from aeration. Lighter-bodied red wines that have lower tannin levels, will need less aeration.
Vinturi’s patented speeds up this aeration process with ease and convenience. Perfect aeration in the time it takes to pour a glass.
This pressure difference draws in air, which is mixed with wine for perfect aeration. This has a very beneficial affect on the wine. One of the relevant formulas is shown below.